The greater the level of calmness of our mind, the greater our peace of mind, the greater our ability to enjoy a happy and joyful life. -Dalai Lama
During trying times or daily challenges, we must concentrate on maintaining our calmness. Easy said than done, I’m sharing with you twenty of my favorite ways to center myself, release unease and keep my soul calm.
- Sip a calming tea
- Benefit from aromatherapy using essential oils
- Practice earthing, which is walking barefoot on sand or grass.
- Take a long hot bath
- Listen to soothing music
- Do some belly breathing
- Use meditation apps
- Lay on an acupressure mat. But if you are on the go, you can use your right thumb to press on three finger widths below your left wrist (on the inner forearm), for five seconds and repeat six times.
- Perform mudras. My preferred one is joining the tip of the thumb and the index finger while the other three fingers are stretched out.
- Don’t cram too much into your day
- Find compassion within
- Practice progressive muscle relaxation, which is tensing a particular muscle group throughout your body for at least 20 seconds and then release it.
- Take a nap
- Have a good stretch
- Hug a tree
- Spend time outside in the sunshine
- Have some dark chocolate!
- Sing a song to yourself
- Go to the ocean
- Hug someone you love
Do you know someone who could benefit from this? This could be a message that someone you love needs to read today, so please share on your favorite social media.