“You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.” ~Marianne Williamson
There’s a change that’s the outcome of living our lives in an unconscious way. This shift happens gradually and inadvertently as we lose sense of who we’re and how we want our lives to unfold.
Our emotions and minds are so calmed by the familiar that we got caught up in just living. We become unaware about how we spend our life. However, this can become a problem in our lives because over time, we may found ourselves in an unwanted transformation. One day you step back and ask yourself, how did that happened?
An emotional awakening occurs when you become aware of your conditioned beliefs and patterns.
Many people have told me that they are exhausted, stressed, and wondering where their joy has gone. And what I can tell you is that a fulfilled life is attainable even in these uncertain times.
The key question is: What do you need to believe about yourself in order to get what you want?
Once you have determined what you really want, what you’re ready to claim, it’s time to re-program the beliefs in your life that are not aligned with your vision or are not longer helping you. Want to know how to do that?
Here’s a list of five proven methods to re-program your beliefs:
- Vision Boards – Gather images of things that represent what you want in your life and display them in a cork or magnetic pinboard located in a visible location. This will boost your mood and keep you focused on your new beliefs of what’s possible for you.
- Affirmations – Repeating your new beliefs with passion and conviction to yourself and adding emotion has been shown to develop a new pathway in the brain.
- Act-like – Talking to yourself about how successful you’ve been in achieving your goals and embodying your desired future self will support your new beliefs.
- Visualization – Spending time daydreaming about how your life would be when your goals become a reality, specially before going to sleep and immediately after waking up, is an excellent method to develop new neural connections in the brain.
- Journaling – List circumstances, events, conversations, and so on that back up or confirm your new beliefs. Reading and keeping adding to this list daily will allow you to begin establishing that new route in your brain.
You may already be familiar with these methods to re-program your beliefs, but have you been doing them on a regular basis?
Re-programing your beliefs doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a process, a practice. It’s awakening to your true nature. So, I want to offer you this suggested daily ritual to get started:
Right after you get up in the morning:
- Visualization (3 minutes)
- Affirmations (5 minutes – make the most of your shower or breakfast preparation time)
During the day:
- Vision Board (2 minutes observing your pinboard while adding emotions and feelings in the morning and 2 minutes in the afternoon)
- Act-like (5 minutes – take advantage of moments like commuting and doing household chores or situations where you could ask yourself “how my future self would act in this circumstance?”)
Right before bed at night:
- Journaling (3 minutes)
- Visualization (5 minutes)
It’s time to create a new story. Take inventory of your beliefs and ask yourself if they’re contributing to your expansion and fulfillment. If not, ask yourself: How can I change them in a way that serves me? How do I want to think about this moving forward? And re-program them to be exciting, enhancing, loving and soulful. Implement this new routine into your days and you will soon find yourself re-programing your beliefs and attracting solutions, serendipity and synchronicity.
To wrap off this post, I’d want to leave you with a quote from author Gregg Braden, “We are infused with the single greatest force in the universe – the power to translate the possibilities of our minds into the reality of our world. To fully awaken to our power, however, requires a subtle change in the way we think of ourselves in life, a shift in belief.”
This could be a message that someone you love needs to read today, so please share on your favorite social media