move out of or away from something and come into view.
to become healthy, happy or confident.
Answers to 20 Common Questions
① How do I know I’m in a transitional period?
If your life no longer seems to work as it once did, you’re very likely facing a transition. It’s the in-between time. That space where you’re about to lose the security of the old and not yet attained the benefits of the new. You may find yourself wishing that some aspect of your life would shift but don’t know how or where to start. Probably you feel tired of the old but startled of the new.
② What does it mean to be a heart-centered woman?
A heart-centered woman lives from love and compassion. She is a lover of harmony and peace. A heart-centered woman tends to be kind, warm, generous, caring, friendly, empathetic, intuitive, creative and committed to personal growth.
③ What’s Resilience?
Resilience is being able to adapt to difficult circumstances in a positive way. It is the basic ingredient to happiness and success (Reivich & Shatté, 2002).
④ What’s Optimism?
Optimism is finding the positives, seeing the opportunities, and creating realistic problem solutions when confronted with challenges and adversity (Delizonna & Anstedt, 2014).
⑤ What’s Coaching?
Put simply, coaching is a process to assist people to move from where they’re to where they want to be. The coachee participates actively and is considered the expert in her own life. The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Research supports coaching as a positive change strategy for enhancing resilience and well-being (Grant, Curtayne & Burton, 2009).
⑥ What’s Mentoring?
Mentoring is a process to assist people to progress in their own lives. The mentor offers guidance and shares knowledge, skills, and experience. In mentoring some direction is given based upon previous experience, but the client still has to decide upon how best to apply or implement the advice (Gribben, 2016).
⑦ How is your Coaching Program different from your Mentoring Program?
In my Coaching Program, I use the Beautiful You Life Coaching Model which seeks solutions to move beyond your challenges and focuses on where you want to be. This program provides a supportive, inspiring and accountable space for you to make the necessary changes and uncover solutions.
In my Mentoring Program, I follow a curriculum based on my signature framework for transitions to teach you skills that can be applied from one transition to another. This program takes from the cyclical changes of seasons + nature, integrates a mind, body & soul approach, and offers skills based on positive psychology.
⑧ Is Coaching like Therapy?
No. Therapy is about healing. Life coaching is about thriving. Therapy takes you from suffering to baseline. Life coaching takes you from baseline to flourishing. (John Klm, 2017)
⑨ Why would I hire an Optimism + Resilience Coach?
During times of transitions, you may feel unstable and with many steps and obstacles along the way. Optimism and resilience are key to remain solution focused and to have the persistence in achieving goals through times of change or setbacks. Optimism and resilience can be learned because they’re skills. Research has shown that skills can be accomplished more effectively with a coach that uses specific tools and processes to enhance those skills. With me as your Optimism + Resilience Coach, you will start seeing your dreamed future come to life because you will have the support to take more focused actions to get results and access to powerful tools and strategies to maximize positive emotions, redirect your energy towards an expansive mindset and inspire new ways of seeing things during transitions.
⑩ How will I know if your Optimism + Resilience Coaching is for me?
My coaching programs are absolutely for you if:
- You’re a heart-centered woman who is moving through a transitional period.
- You need guidance for navigating change with less anxiety and more self-reliance.
- You’re ready to learn skills to build optimism and resilience to replace the daily hopelessness that’s hanging over your head.
- You would like to know how to switch from a survival mindset to a thriving mindset.
- You’re willing to allow connection with the intuitive and creative aspects of yourself.
- You’re open to feedback.
- You want to learn new ways to experience positive emotions and calm an overacting mind to find new fulfillment in everyday life.
My coaching style probably isn’t right for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in action. Your success at developing optimism + resilience will be determined by how much you apply and practice the tools, strategies, and skills we explore.
- You want to be told what to do. No one can tell you what’s right for you but you. My work is to guide you to be a positive force in your life.
- You believe that your transformation is my responsibility. I’m here to support your transformation, not to do your work.
- You can’t commit to our scheduled series and action steps. You’re best served by coming to coaching or mentoring when you can make dedicated time each week.
- You are not prepared to be challenged, seeing things differently and purposely placed out of your comfort zone in a gentle way. This is where transformation occurs.
⑪ What’s a Discovery Session?
A Discovery Session is a 30 minutes complimentary consult via Skype or Zoom to explore your wants and needs. It’s a great opportunity to delve into what you most would like to achieve to move towards your heart’s desires and to seek what’s possible from working together before you fully commit to a coaching series. You can book yours here.
⑫ Should I hire you as my Optimism + Resilience Coach or should I go on my own or with a friend?
You’re the best person to respond to this. I invite you to answer honestly the following questions:
- How much time would it take to try it out on your own?
- What it will cost you to ascertain on your own?
One of the benefits of working with me as your Optimism + Resilience Coach is that I’m professionally trained and certified to coach you. That means that I have skills that can help you get from where you’re to where you want to be faster than you could on your own or with the help of a friend. I’m skilled to help you identify your blind spots, to assist you to recognize when you’re self-sabotaging and to offer accountability that keeps you on track and moving forward toward the life of your dreams.
⑬ How many sessions do I need?
This depends on what you want to achieve with your coaching. For some people, this may take as little as 6 sessions (3-months series) and for others, it will be 12 sessions (6-months series). It’s a very personal decision based on your individual goals, the ways you prefer to work and the financial resources available to support coaching.
⑭ How long does a coaching session last?
Every coaching session with me lasts 1-hour. If you decide to work with me, coaching sessions are held bi-weekly, so we would meet 1-hour bi-weekly for 3 months for a total of 6 sessions, or for 6 months for a total of 12 sessions. Additionally, I offer e-mail support.
⑮ Where does the coaching take place?
The coaching takes place via Skype or Zoom. In person sessions, are limited and depends on location and availability.
⑯ Do you offer discounts?
Yes! If you pay your program upfront you’ll save $60 in the 3-months series or $120 in the 6-months series.
⑰What can I expect from you?
As a Beautiful You Certified Mindset Coach specializing in Optimism and Resilience, I will assist you by:
- Asking powerful questions
- Introducing optimism and resilience techniques, tools and strategies
- Empowering your growth and expansive mindset
- Lovingly challenging and encouraging you
- Creating a safe space in which change can occur
- Holding you accountable to your desires
- Offering a methodical process to build the skills that lead to lasting change
- Providing you with a goal-oriented process to reach a higher level of self-actualization
⑱ What would you expect from me?
Working with me requires both a personal commitment of time and energy as well as a financial commitment. It’s needed of you to meet two times a month with me and complete certain work before your coaching appointments. Your success will be determined by how much effort you’re willing to put into getting the results you want.
⑲ How do I book a session?
Please go to my contact page on the main menu and book your FREE Discovery Call in the scheduler. This is the starting point. If you don’t find a convenient time or date, please send me an e-mail to Aracelys[at]EmergeAndBloom[dot]com with your preferences and time zone and I will check if it works for both of us. Thank you so much for your interest to work with me!
⑳ How could I become a Coach myself?
So glad you ask! To create a lovely career and make a difference in your life and others I recommend ICF-Accredited Beautiful You Coaching Academy. It’s a life-changing course where you will learn from talented and passionate coaches and entrepreneurs! If you would like to learn more, please click here.