Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.” -Wayne Dyer
One of the keys to be able to reach our goals and face life with more poise is to be aware of our worthiness. When we are conscious about our self-worth we are more likely to gain happiness from life, and our ability to cope with whatever life brings is increased. So, the question here is, how we can be more aware of our self-worth?The first step to realizing our self-worth is recognizing that little mean voice inside our head. Click To Tweet
The first step to realizing our self-worth is recognizing that little mean voice inside our head. Melissa Ambrosini calls it mastering your mean girl, because without our intention to become skilled at it, our own thoughts, most of the time, are putting us down. If we let that inner voice untamed, it drives us to develop a low self-esteem and cast self-doubt onto ourselves. It’s our own mind that develops that feeling that we aren’t worthy.
Here are ten simple ways to change this pattern and activate the process of appreciating our worthiness:
- Notice self-critical thoughts and halt them.
- Practice the skill to swap negative self-thoughts with more positive and productive ones.
- Stick with that new practice of modifying your unkind and uncaring thoughts with more beautiful ones.
- Develop self-love, self-compassion and focus on what you really want and make you happy.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Embrace your uniqueness, including your strengths and imperfections.
- Commit to believing with all your heart that you deserve the very best of life, and don’t settle for less.
- Avoid looking for external validation and set boundaries.
- Make peace with where you are right now.
- Set nurturing routines.
Your worthiness never relates to anything outside of yourself. You can always find it within. Dig deeper and enjoy the journey!
Do you know someone who could benefit from this? This could be a message that someone you love needs to read today, so please share on your favorite social media.