I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures” – Lao Tzu
Integrating simplicity into our lives is one of the keys to happiness. Adopting a simpler lifestyle is a sure way to gain more time, focus and energy. According to writer Richard Halloway, simplicity is one of the attributes that give our lives power, vividness and joy. So the question is: How to embrace simplicity in a complex life?
Let’s keep in mind that the concept of simplicity applies to our outward and inward life. The first step to a simple life is letting go of what isn’t useful and beautiful. Immerse and surround yourself with what is worthy and essential. Do I need this? Does it bring me joy? These are good questions to ask ourselves.
Here are 20 ways to cultivate simplicity in your life:
- Remind yourself that life isn’t a competition but a journey
- Stay close to nature and connect with it
- Connect with positive people and people you love
- Hold meaningful conversations
- Have some quiet time and meditate
- Declutter your physical environment and organize your surroundings
- Determine if something will enrich your life
- Prioritize your life
- Make time for priorities and live a value-driven life
- Adjust your schedule
- Don’t overcommit and learn to say no
- Avoid multi-tasking
- Eat unprocessed food
- Exercise and engage in healthy practices
- Cut out extra expenses
- Get creative
- Donate what you don’t use or don’t need
- Release negative thoughts and feelings
- Cultivate gratitude
- Do more of what makes you happy
Free your life from unnecessary constraints. Start now to approach your life to its simplest terms. Soon you will be more tuned and connected with your heart + soul.
Do you know someone who could benefit from this? This could be a message that someone you love needs to read today, so please share on your favorite social media.